Basketball Stars is an exhilarating sports game that lets players step into the shoes of iconic basketball legends and compete in riveting competitions.
Shoot Hoops Like a Pro in Basketball Stars!
Are you a basketball enthusiast and want to play on the same team with legends like LeBron James, Stephen Curry, Michael Jordan, and more? Enter Basketball Stars, an exciting sports game in which you can start paving your way to becoming a legendary basketball player! Execute cool moves like slam dunks, alley-oops, and epic three-pointers; compete against others in the tournament; and bring home that well-deserved trophy!
Basketball Stars features gameplay full of surprises and potential, just waiting for the players to discover them. In addition, there are unique abilities for each player in the game, including mega dunks, defense, and fast breaks, making it possible for you to combine the best team that works best. Apart from competing with the CPU, you can also invite a fellow basketball enthusiast to join the fun! Being on the same team or playing against one another—the choices are yours!
If you are a long-time fan of the NBA, it is highly likely that you are familiar with the rules of this game. Fortunately, the rules have been considerably simplified in comparison to those of the NBA, so even new players can learn them in minutes! Here are the things that you need to remember:
- The duration of each match is 1 minute. The remaining time is displayed in the upper-center corner of the screen, under the score table.
- Every player is capable of two main roles: attacker and defender. To win the game, players will need to take on different roles depending on the situation. Defend by jumping to block the shot of the opponent's team, and be on offense by stealing the ball and scoring points.
- Try to score as many points as possible to further cement your chance of winning.
- Remember, teamwork makes the dream work! Combine forces with your teammate to win the game!
Now that you have a basic understanding of Basketball Stars, let’s get straight into it!
How To Play
Basketball Stars offers players many options. There are 1 and 2 Player modes and Quick Match, which allows you to have a 1v1 match with a random player. The goal of every match is to score more points than your opponent by shooting the ball through the hoop. You can pass the ball to a player on the same team and execute pro moves like slam dunks for extra style.
1 Player Mode
Players can choose to compete solo against the CPU in a 1v1 or 2v2 match. Even if you choose the 2v2 mode, there is only one controllable player—your teammate is controlled by the CPU. There are three sub-modes available for you to choose from:
- Tournament: Compete with other teams through three rounds: quarterfinals, semifinals, and final. In the event that you lose a game, you will have to start over. There are two options for the game’s difficulty: normal and hard.
- Random Match: Choose the members of your and your opponent’s teams and start playing.
- Training: If you need extra time to brush up your skills, try out this sub-mode to get familiar with the gameplay.
2 Player Mode
If you have a friend or family member to join the fun, the game also has a mode for that. Just like in 1 Player mode, you can choose between 1v1 and 2v2 matches, and each player can only control one basketball player.
- 1v1 matches: Two players compete against each other.
- 2v2 matches: Players can choose to be on the same team and compete against the CPU. If you prefer to have a showdown against one another, take the CPU as your teammates and show each other who’s boss!
Player’s Special Abilities
- Mega Dunk: Make a high jump and dunk the ball from any place, as long as the player is holding the ball.
- Iron Defense: Turn your basketball hoop into a literal iron block that makes it impossible for opponents to score.
- Alley-Oop: Shoot the ball to the opponent’s side, teleport, and dunk the ball.
- Fast Break: Quickly pass through an opponent and snatch the ball.
1 Player Mode:
- Move: WASD or the arrow keys; press the keys twice to dash
- Shoot/steal the ball: X/L
- Pump/block the opponent’s ball: S or the down arrow key
- Execute special ability: K/Z
2 Player Mode:
- Move: WASD (P1) and the arrow keys (P2); press the keys twice to dash
- Shoot/steal the ball: B (P1) and L (P2)
- Pump/block the opponent’s ball: S (P1) and the down arrow key (P2)
- Execute special ability: V (P1) and K (P2)
The Rules of Basketball Stars
- The players win the game when they have more points than their opponents when the match ends.
- Each match lasts for one minute.
- Players can launch the ball to their teammate; snatch and block the ball from the opponents.
Explore Basketball Stars Game Features
- Thrilling gameplay with hours of fun!
- Vivid, well-animated 3D graphics with detailed body movements and hitting actions.
- Play as or with legendary basketball players!
- There are many real-life teams to choose from, so you can pick your favorite!
- Enhance your gaming experience with exciting special abilities!
- Invite a friend to double the fun, or climb to the top of the tournament with solo play!
- Unlock cool achievements as you play! Can you find them all?
Tips and Tricks
- To have a higher chance of scoring points without using special abilities, try to get closer to the opponent’s hoop.
- Try to bounce the ball past the opponent to prevent your ball from being stolen.
- The closer the timer is to the end, the more points per shot you can achieve! One popular strategy is to defend your basketball hoop and score when your opponent is already tired of being on the offensive.
- Get used to each players’ special abilities and choose the best team that works for you.
Similar Basketball Games
Can’t get enough of Basketball Stars? Try out its hit sequel, Basketball Legends! In addition, there are also many games with basketball themes, as listed below. Happy gaming!
- Basketball Line
- Basketball Legends
- Bouncy Ball
- Street Basketball